ABOVE AND BEYOND
Western Archrib is a leader in the design, manufacture, and custom fabrication of glued-laminated structural wood systems. Our product line includes our signature brands of: Westlam and IJC Westlam; as well as Spruce Pine and Douglas Fir glulam. We are certified to manufacture in accordance with the national standards of Canada, the US, and Japan.
Western Archrib provides quality products and services. We manufacture a full range of materials in a wide variety of sizes, shapes, and lengths. With two production facilities, four sales offices, and a network of distributors; we are well positioned to provide project of any size across North America and beyond.
Western Archrib has a sixty five year history in the structural wood systems industry. Our experience shows in the consistent quality of our products, and the expertise we bring to custom fabricated projects. We work closely with architects, engineers, general contractors, and building designers providing cost-effective solutions to unique and distinctive designs, while maintaining their integrity.
Western Archrib is part of a dynamic industry. The only thing that remains constant is change. To stay at the leading edge of the industry, our company and our staff are actively involved in a number of associations and organizations.
- Canadian Wood Council
- WoodWORKS – National Partner
- APA The Engineered Wood Association
Our production facilities are certified by the APA – Engineered Wood Systems to produce glulam in accordance with:
- CSA – 0122 Canadian Standards Association
- ANSI – A190.1 American National Standards Institute
- JAS – 2054 Japanese Agricultural Standard
As part of our commitment to the environment we offer Chain-of-Custody Certification on products manufactured with FSC® Certified Wood.
- FSC® – STD-40-004 Companies supplying and manufacturing FSC® Certified Products
More than just products, Western Archrib offers the active support and service of our engineers and technical staff. We can provide design solutions to your most distinctive and challenging projects.
Our hands-on knowledge of structural wood framing systems, and our expertise in the use of engineered wood products, allow us to provide a wide range of value added services to our clients:
- Preliminary project development
- Design and technical support
- Detailed cost analysis
- Design and fabrication of custom steel connectors
- CNC Pre-cutting and framing of members
- Custom finishing
Canada’s leading manufacturer of glued-laminated timber for the Construction Industry is interested in adding a key individual to our team. We are looking for an Estimator for our Edmonton Office.
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Start Date: Immediate
- Review Bid Invitations from General Contractors.
- Estimate material quantities for projects.
- Provide quotations to contractors for projects.
- Follow-up and track quoted project work.
- Negotiate quoted projects.
- Update and maintain our project database.
- Assist in estimating on larger custom projects.
- Prepare proposals and budget estimates.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand architectural and structural drawings.
- Basic knowledge of the construction industry.
- Strong computer skills including file download and transfer.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Technical school or university education in engineering, architecture, or related experience.
- General Contracting estimating experience would be an asset.
- An energetic, team based work environment.
- A competitive salary based on experience.
- Comprehensive health & disability benefits.
- Opportunity for advancement.
Only those applicants being considered for the position will be contacted.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to:
Senior Manager – Sales