ABOVE AND BEYOND
Western Archrib is a leader in the design, manufacture, and custom fabrication of glued-laminated structural wood systems. Our product line includes our signature brands of: Westlam and IJC Westlam; as well as Spruce Pine and Douglas Fir glulam. We are certified to manufacture in accordance with the national standards of Canada, the US, and Japan.
Western Archrib provides quality products and services. We manufacture a full range of materials in a wide variety of sizes, shapes, and lengths. With two production facilities, four sales offices, and a network of distributors; we are well positioned to provide project of any size across North America and beyond.
Western Archrib has a sixty five year history in the structural wood systems industry. Our experience shows in the consistent quality of our products, and the expertise we bring to custom fabricated projects. We work closely with architects, engineers, general contractors, and building designers providing cost-effective solutions to unique and distinctive designs, while maintaining their integrity.
Western Archrib is part of a dynamic industry. The only thing that remains constant is change. To stay at the leading edge of the industry, our company and our staff are actively involved in a number of associations and organizations.
- Canadian Wood Council
- WoodWORKS – National Partner
- APA The Engineered Wood Association
Our production facilities are certified by the APA – Engineered Wood Systems to produce glulam in accordance with:
- CSA – 0122 Canadian Standards Association
- ANSI – A190.1 American National Standards Institute
- JAS – 2054 Japanese Agricultural Standard
As part of our commitment to the environment we offer Chain-of-Custody Certification on products manufactured with FSC® Certified Wood.
- FSC® – STD-40-004 Companies supplying and manufacturing FSC® Certified Products
More than just products, Western Archrib offers the active support and service of our engineers and technical staff. We can provide design solutions to your most distinctive and challenging projects.
Our hands-on knowledge of structural wood framing systems, and our expertise in the use of engineered wood products, allow us to provide a wide range of value added services to our clients:
- Preliminary project development
- Design and technical support
- Detailed cost analysis
- Design and fabrication of custom steel connectors
- CNC Pre-cutting and framing of members
- Custom finishing
Western Archrib is a manufacturer of glued-laminated timber with production and sales facilities in Edmonton, Alberta and Boissevain, Manitoba. We are seeking for a highly motivated and experienced financial accountant to join our team in Edmonton.
- General ledger accounts reconciliation
- Intercompany accounts reconciliation
- Monthly Bank Reconciliation (US and Canadian)
- Quarterly Financial statements preparation
- Variance analyses
- Inventory verification
- Work in progress analyses
- Familiarity with construction contract invoicing and job costing would be an asset
- Assist in AP and Payroll processing whenever required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in general accounting and financial reporting
- Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookup, ifs) are a must
- Experience with Microsoft Navision and CaseWare is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We appreciate your interest in this position, however only those short-listed for interview will be contacted.