Our high-volume wood manufacturing plant is currently looking for an experienced Millwright at our Edmonton east facility. The right candidate for this position must have experience in performing preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair of mechanical equipment issues both in-shop and in all production areas. We will provide job specific training onsite.
Duties: will include but not limited to:
- Perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair of mechanical equipment issues
- Fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance, or set-up
- Comprehension of conveyor dynamics and material handling fundamentals
- Perform routine maintenance work on machinery
- Assemble machinery prior to installation
- Start-up and testing
- Understand and read Engineered Blueprints and drawings
- Shutdown operations
- Rigging and handling
- Bearing, seals and packing
- Keep work area and equipment in a safe, clean, and orderly condition
- Perform duties and operate equipment in a safe and satisfactory manner
- Complete all jobs in a timely manner
- Experience in manufacturing facilities an asset
- Wage will start at $35.00hr. Wages will be evaluated and increased with more training, competency, and progression with the company.
- Benefits include health and dental coverage after 90day probationary period
- RRSP contribution program after 2 years of service.
Industrial mechanical experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment with exceptional troubleshooting abilities.
- 2-5 years Millwright experience.
- Basic experience with overhead cranes and rigging equipment
- Must be able to work with minimal direction
- Flexibility to work multiple shifts including nightshifts
- Leadership experience is an asset
- Experience working with multi-trade crews and contractors
- Clean Drivers Abstract
- Must have reliable transportation