Entry Level Framer
Our high-volume wood manufacturing plant is currently looking for an experienced carpenter at our Edmonton east facility. The right candidate fort his position must have experience in wood working, measuring, cutting, shape, assemble and ability to join wood materials, read and interpret blueprints, and operate various types of power tools. We will provide job specific training onsite.
Duties: will include but not limited to:
- Read and interpret blueprints on a variety of Glulam billet and custom projects
- Operate a variety of wood working power tools and attachments
- Troubleshoot quality control defects in different species of lumber and repair as required
- Maintain quality control, safety standards and safe work practices
- Application of laminated wood sealer and other finishing chemicals
- Use of overhead cranes on single and multiple crane lifts
- All framing duties are performed indoors
- Wage will start at $20.00hr. Wages will be evaluated and increased with more training, competency, and progression with the company.
- Benefits include health and dental coverage after 3 months, annual clothing allowances
- RRSP contribution program after 2 years of service.
Ideal candidate: Preference will be given to those applicants with experience in: Carpentry industry, framing, wood working, overhead cranes, power tools.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- As required
- Candidates must be physically fit and able to lift to a maximum of 50lbs consistently.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and ability to work 8hour shifts – 40 hour week. (Some overtime may be required). Must be flexible to work on dayshifts, afternoons, and possible night shifts when production needs are required.
- Standard CSA approved Steel toed boots are required, we will provide safety glasses, hearing protection, work gloves, and reflective vests.
- WHMIS 2015 certification, Overhead Crane certification, first aid training are all assets to this position but not a requirement.
- Candidates must have experience in the carpentry trade, preferably similar tools in the wood industry, attention to detail, good organizational and communication skills